East Hills is hiring a new Executive Director
East Hills Council of Neighbors
East Hills Council of Neighbors (EHCN) is seeking a qualified and energetic candidate to fill the Executive Director position starting June 1. The Director will work with the Board of Directors, volunteers, and vested groups to develop and implement effective outreach strategies that engage residents in building a strong and inclusive neighborhood, prevent crime, and develop grassroots leadership opportunities. EHCN is a dynamic, community-based organization working to attract re-investment in the East Hills neighborhood, while building community leaders and advocating for a thriving, walkable community.
The Director position would be charged with the following key areas:
Resident Engagement, Community Development, and Public Safety:
● Develop effective and impactful tactics to engage neighbors in resident concerns and community building
● Provide support for board and standing committees
● Develop open and effective relationships with all three business districts in the neighborhood
● Work with residents and the Grand Rapids Police Department to address and prevent crime
● Recruit, train and organize volunteers
Organizational Development and Record Keeping
● Support the fund development committee in the pursuit of funding opportunities
● General administrative tasks including filing monthly CDBG/Jag Reimbursement requests
● Represent East Hills in an official capacity to outside interests
● Be responsible for all correspondence and advocacy with City of Grand Rapids officials, commissions & boards based on board direction and community input
● Manage social media and email campaigns
● Promote a consistent & professional brand via newsletter, web, press releases, & public engagements
● Passion and energy for civic engagement and building a strong, inclusive neighborhood
● Two - four years of demonstrated experience in community development and/or nonprofit experience
● Ability to spend time in the neighborhood to engage residents and businesses at least 10% of time
● Outgoing personality with strong professional writing and communication skills
● Well organized, effective project manager, passionate about EHCN’s mission, and a strong leader
● Ability to work full time with flexible hours and an expectation to attend occasional meetings/events on nights & weekends.
Reports to: Board Chair and Executive Committee
Salary: $33,000 plus benefits
Submission: Please send cover letter and resume no later than 5:00 pm, Monday, April 22, 2019.
Addressed to: East Hills Executive Board and sent to either email@example.com or
mailed to EHCN 131 Eastern SE Grand Rapids, MI 49503
East Hills Council of Neighbors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. Persons reflecting the beautiful diversity of Grand Rapids are encouraged to apply.